No current openings but please check back regularly.
OUR SPRING INTERNSHIP APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE SUMMER STARTING MARCH 1, 2024
MEDIA FACTORY 360 INTERNSHIP
Media Factory invites people interested in the media industry to apply for our Media Factory 360 Internship Program. The 10 week paid internship introduces those interested in a career in media to a full-circle view of the jobs that make a community media center operate, while also completing a personal portfolio project.
What to Expect:
- Weekly meetings with the internship team.
- A rotation through production, education, marketing, and distribution departments to shadow, support, and learn. This may include:
- A shift working with a Production Technician to support community producers.
- The opportunity to assist on a production team in the field.
- Assisting the education staff to conduct a workshop.
- Creating a blog post or social media campaign.
- Learning about equipment repair and maintenance.
- Interviewing a radio programmer.
- Creating a playlist of curated content for the website.
- Additional time with staff in the department of your interest.
- Time to work independently on your own project.
Time and Compensation:
8-10 hours per week for 10 weeks at $15/hr
Summer Internship Dates: June 6, 2024 - August 1, 2024
How to Apply:
Email to email@example.com the following:
- A short letter (about 100 words) that answers the question, “Why would you like to be an intern at the Media Factory?”
- The email or phone number for a personal reference
- Your resume or a list of your work, volunteer, and media experience
- If you have them, examples of media you would like to share (links are fine)
No longer a student? We have several volunteer opportunities at Media Factory. Whether your interest is administrative, production, or facilities, we have a volunteer option that can work for you and us. Media Factory succeeds by engaging local residents, so we hope you will contact us and find a way to become a part of the Media Factory community. For more information on volunteer opportunities at Media Factory, email firstname.lastname@example.org.